INVITATION LETTER FOR VISA...

Hello friends!

Pls, someone help me wit dis invitation letter to add to visa application. Dont know exactly wat to write...If ANYONE has a example or have done it, PLS forward it to me..Dis is really important and urgent!!! Thx beforehand

xxx Shanee

Hi,
Write to Embassy,stating ud like to invite so& so,4 so long,requesting visa for holiday .Your required to give details about urself.Your occupation & provide ticket & pocket money etc,for duration of stay.Go to ur own Embassy 4 details.All info can be found on website.
Some countrys require up to date Bank statements,salary slips etc.
All visas have to be applied for in Gambia.
Hope this is of some help.Jenny

Hi,

I think it is a big confusion to think that an "Invitation Letter" is like a letter saying I hearby invite XY. ITS NOT!

It is more an OBLIGATION that you will take care on the indivdual you "invite".

To get it you need to go to your municipality and give a financial proof there. For Germany I know you have to proove steady income over three months above a certain level. Within the EU/Schengen this should be the same in every country. Where are you from?

You income needs to be considerably high that you can take care of an extra person. In Germany it is easier when you are for example "Beamter" which means like Civil Servant, because there it is the most reliable that your income will remain steady. If you don't have a steady job it will be difficult to get the letter.

In some municipalities it is possible to leave a deposit for the one you oblige for (I avoid the word "invite" cause it is not correct actually!) but it is usually very high.

To get the letter (deposit or stead job proof) you need to pay a fine of around 40 Euros.

If this part is solved they will write your home address on a formular that maybe called "Invitation Letter" but the first sentence is

"I hereby oblige to take full responsibility of...." and then your address will be put there, so go with your passport.

Further you need to provide a health insurance that covers a certain amount for the time of three month. You can get this with any insurance company and it is not too expensive.

Usually when applying for a Visa you need to show a RETURN ticket, to proove that your guest will return after the visit. So you should arrange things well upon time and make sure the documents are in good order, cause imagine you buy a return ticket and in the end you can't fly.

I think these are the most important documents, but you can get an information sheet either at the embassy in Gambia or on the homepage where all requirements are stated.

Then sometimes a questionnaire needs to be compleated and it may happen that the individual has to undergo an interview, too.

I have heard of cases that embassies hesitate and even refuse to give visa to a certain group, wich would be young, non-married man, without job or family since those are most likely to never come back.

I hope to have helped you on that, the cases are slightly different for Visa that are for Studying or Medical Treatment, but the financial proof and health insurence is always required.

The issuing takes up to three months and there is not a lot to speed this process to do. In the summer time and raining season in Gambia the embassy is more busy and it might take even longer.

Greez Hanna

Quote:
Originally posted by: Lohmaniac

Hi,

I think it is a big confusion to think that an "Invitation Letter" is like a letter saying I hearby invite XY. ITS NOT!

It is more an OBLIGATION that you will take care on the indivdual you "invite".

To get it you need to go to your municipality and give a financial proof there. For Germany I know you have to proove steady income over three months above a certain level. Within the EU/Schengen this should be the same in every country. Where are you from?

You income needs to be considerably high that you can take care of an extra person. In Germany it is easier when you are for example "Beamter" which means like Civil Servant, because there it is the most reliable that your income will remain steady. If you don't have a steady job it will be difficult to get the letter.

In some municipalities it is possible to leave a deposit for the one you oblige for (I avoid the word "invite" cause it is not correct actually!) but it is usually very high.

To get the letter (deposit or stead job proof) you need to pay a fine of around 40 Euros.

If this part is solved they will write your home address on a formular that maybe called "Invitation Letter" but the first sentence is

"I hereby oblige to take full responsibility of...." and then your address will be put there, so go with your passport.

Further you need to provide a health insurance that covers a certain amount for the time of three month. You can get this with any insurance company and it is not too expensive.

Usually when applying for a Visa you need to show a RETURN ticket, to proove that your guest will return after the visit. So you should arrange things well upon time and make sure the documents are in good order, cause imagine you buy a return ticket and in the end you can't fly.

I think these are the most important documents, but you can get an information sheet either at the embassy in Gambia or on the homepage where all requirements are stated.

Then sometimes a questionnaire needs to be compleated and it may happen that the individual has to undergo an interview, too.

I have heard of cases that embassies hesitate and even refuse to give visa to a certain group, wich would be young, non-married man, without job or family since those are most likely to never come back.

I hope to have helped you on that, the cases are slightly different for Visa that are for Studying or Medical Treatment, but the financial proof and health insurence is always required.

The issuing takes up to three months and there is not a lot to speed this process to do. In the summer time and raining season in Gambia the embassy is more busy and it might take even longer.

Greez Hanna

it easier the other way around.....European/others just need to land at Banjul international ....u will get tourist visa for 28 days.....want stay longer...visit local police station,u will get an extention just for D 250.00 (£ 5)

u will get a formular to fill from the embassy, and u have 2pay for it. dnt 4get 2make a health insurance for the person! and is also costy. me i paid for all 125€. also u have to show them your pay from work.

anyway: wish u good luck!!!!!!